To apply for 2018-2019, please visit https://sites.google.com/a/uci.edu/cansat/join
Additionally: To provide our members with the technical experience and practical skills needed to solve challenging design problems, preparing them for success as professional engineers.
Fall ‘17 Objectives:
1. Model structure in ANSYS and Solidworks
2. Develop heat shield release mechanism
3. Select sensors. Design electrical system.
4. Plan development of ground station
Winter ‘18 Objectives:
1. Fabricate probe structure, heat shield, and release mechanism prototypes
2. Develop code for CanSat and ground station
3. Read and plot data with the CanSat hardware
4. Test sensor accuracy
Spring ‘18 Objectives:
1. Correct issues from prototypes. Build final version of CanSat
2. Test to ensure all requirements are met
3. Improve sensor accuracy and control software
4. End of spring: Competition!
CanSat Winter Week 8: The Teleconference AftermathMarch 3, 2018
CanSat Winter Week 7: Preparation for the TeleconferenceFebruary 22, 2018
CanSat Winter Week 6: Preliminary Design Review – Descent ControlFebruary 18, 2018
CanSat Winter Week 5: Sensor SubsystemFebruary 11, 2018
Initial Project Information
Field of Interest
Design, build and test a simulated space probe to carry a delicate payload and survive launch, deployment, descent, and landing. Competition to take place in early summer.
Maximum Number of Students
Sponsored by AAS and AIAA
Email advisor and firstname.lastname@example.org