Enter Tagline Here
1. Work to make one section of the rod stay at room temperature given one side is at high temperatures and the other at low temperatures
2. We are working on a way to create a control system that will shut off the power when it gets too high, for safety.
3. Run various rod designs through ANSYS to determine which shape is the most efficient in dissipating heat.
4. Test out different materials of the rod, to determine which combination of shape/material works best.
5. We need to create a high temperature sink. We are working on getting our heat source to put out 500-1000W.
Name: Victoria Tien
Name: Matthew Brent Hastings
Name: David Baltazar
Name: Bao The Tran
Name: Michael Wilson
Air Force Research Laboratory Advisor
Initial Project Information
Field of Interest
Heat transfer, data acquisition
The objective of this project is to design, develop, and fabricate a testbed capable of producing and dissipating high heat fluxes/loads.
Maximum Number of Students
(See full write up below.)
contact Dr Khalid Rafique (email@example.com)